|Cooked thoor dal||4 Tablespoon, mashed|
|Tamarind||2 Small (puli)|
|Dry red chillies||4|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Chana dal||1 Tablespoon (kadalai parappu)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Curry leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Asafoetida||2 Pinch (hing)|
|Turmeric powder||2 Pinch (haldi)|
* In a pan fry dry red chillies, whole pepper, corrainder seeds, jeera, chana dal without any oil for 3 mins in low flame. Keep it aside.
* In the same pan fry the shreaded coconut for 2 mins in low flame.
* Soak tamarind in 3/4 cup water for 10 mins and grind it in mixie lightly, to this add salt, turmeric powder and asafoetida powder and boil it in a pan for 3 mins.
* Now add finely chopped tomatoes and boil for 5 mins.
* Grind the fried red chillies, dhania, jeera, chana dal, and coconut with little water to a paste.
* Add the grind mix to boiling rasam and boil for another 5 mins.
* Add the cooked and mashed thoor dal with 1 cup water.
* Boil for 2 mins and remove.
* In a small pan pour 1 tsp of ghee and put mustard seeds and curry leaves. Pour this over the rasam.
* Garnish with corrainder leaves.
* serve with hot plain white rice.