Idlis Using Idli Rava
|Urad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Idli rava ( cream of rice )||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1) Soak the Urad dal in sufficient water for 6-8 hours
2) Grind the soaked dal to a fine paste with sufficient water
3) Mix in the Idli Rava to the ground dal paste,using hands to mix somehow does a better job but one can use a spatula.
4) Leave the mixture to ferment in a warm corner or in a warm oven overnight or 8 hours.
5) Take out the mixture,add salt and a little water to make a thick batter as the original batter would have gained a lot of air in the fermentation process.
6) Pour into idli moulds and steam in a steamer or cooker for 10 mins or till the idlis are done.You can check if they are done by pricking the middle of the idli with a toothpick,it should come out clean with nothing sticking on it,this indicates your idli's are done.
Enjoy with Sambhar and/or Chutney or any powder mix of your liking.