How To Make Sambar For Idli
|Toor dal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (soaked in water)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|White mustrad||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry red chilies||2|
|Garlic chutney||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||2 , sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , cubed (peeled)|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed (peeled)|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 , sliced|
|Cucumber||1 , sliced|
|Drumstick||2 (remove the skin and cut into 1 inch pieces)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Idli batter||500 Milliliter (ready made)|
|Oil||2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
1. In a pot, boil dal in water until soft and tender.
2. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Add curry leaves, dry red chilies, white mustard, coriander seeds, cumin, black mustard, fenugreek, black pepper and clove. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. In another pan, heat remaining oil and add carrot, potatoes, zucchini, cucumber, pumpkin and drum stick.
4. Keep stirring and cook them for 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and garlic chutney. Mix them with vegetables.
6. Add vegetable mix into the dal. Stir well then season with sautéed spices.
7. Mix well and simmer for a few minutes.
8. Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve the Sambar with idli or dosa.
1. In the idli maker, pour water in the bottom and bring to a boil.
2. Ladle the idli batter into the idli moulds.
3. Place the idli moulds and steam for about 20 minutes.
4. Serve the Idli with sambar and coriander chutney.