|Sweet corn kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (dalchini)|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
|Crushed coriander seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (dhania)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Roasted corn kernels||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the clove, cinnamon, peppercorns, bay leaf, onions and garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
2. Add the carrots, coriander seeds, cumin powder and turmeric powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add the corn kernels, 2 cups of water and salt and simmer over a medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes, till the corn is cooked.
4. Cool completely and make a smooth purée in a blender. Transfer back into a pan.
5. Add the milk, bring to a boil garnished with the corn kernels and coriander sprig and with the lemon juice.