|Refined flour||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cashewnut slivers||100 Gram|
1. Using 2 cups water, knead the flour well to make a soft dough.
2. Reserve 3 cups water and add the rest a little at a time to the dough to make thin batter.
3. Strain the batter through a muslin cloth to remove any lumps.
4. Set aside for a few hours and decant clean liquid from the top.
5. Dissolve 1 1/2 kg sugar in 3 cups water. Strain and set aside.
6. Mix the batter, sugar syrup and milk together in a heavy vessel. Bring to boil, stirring continuously.
7. As it thickens, add the ghee, stirring all the time.
8.Cook over a low flame till the oil separates.
9. Add 1/2 cup sugar, cardamom powder and half of the cashewnuts slivers. Stir well.
10. Transfer to a greased plate and spread evenly. Place the remaining cashewnuts slivers on top.
Calories 1990 Calories from Fat 527
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.5%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g166.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145 mg48.3%
Sodium 137.1 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 353 g117.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 285.2 g
Protein 22 g44.8%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 0.28%
Calcium 40% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet