Mango Pickle Making Made Easier
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black mustard seed||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fenugreek seed||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red chili powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw mango||250 Gram, peeled, deseeded, diced|
|Peanut oil||750 Gram|
|Fenugreek seed||1 Tablespoon|
1. Dry roast black mustard seeds, methi seeds and sesame seeds. Grind to get a fine powder. Add turmeric, read chili powder and salt to the powder.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. When the oil turns very hot turn off the flame, and add methi seeds.
3. When the methi seeds turn partially black, add mango and let it cook. Allow the bubbles to disappear first, before adding the prepared masala in desired quantity. Now, turn on the flame and cook till the oil starts boiling.
4. Remove from heat and allow the mango pickle to sit for at least 12 hours.
5. Serve along with any Indian main course preparation.
The quantity of oil and masalas can be altered according to individual's taste.
The pickle lasts for about 1 month.
Store in glass jar.
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1040.7 mg43.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet