Vermicelli Nuts Idli
|Curds||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Split black gram||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Fat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cashewnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Chop green chillies finely. Chop cashewnuts coarsely.
2. Heat fat in a fry-pan; fry black gram and mustard seeds until seeds begin to splutter.
3. Add chopped ginger, coriander and curry leaves, chillies and cashewnuts.
4. Now add the vermicelli and fry to a light brown.
5. Add semolina and fry for a minute. Remove from the fire and cool.
6. Mix in the curds and enough water to make a thick batter.
7. Leave to ferment for two hours or more, covered with a piece of muslin.
8. Fill the idli katoris with this batter and steam in the idli steamer until done.
9. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.