Spicy Chicken masala
|Chicken pieces||1⁄2 Kilogram, washed and cut into medium sized pieces (Marinate:)|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon (Adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cashewnuts||7 (Make a paste)|
|Milk||5 Tablespoon (Make a paste)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (Dry roast and make a fine powder:)|
|Curry leaves||12 (Dry roast and make a fine powder:)|
|Cloves||3 (Dry roast and make a fine powder:)|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (Rest of the ingredients:)|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Tomato||1 Large, finley chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander leaves||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Marinate chicken pieces in chilli powder, turmeric powder, curds and salt for 20 mts.
2. While the chicken pieces are marinating, make a paste of cashewnuts and milk. Keep aside.
3. Dry roast cinnamon, cloves and curry leaves for 1 mt and make a powder of them. Keep aside.
4. Heat 1 1/2 tbsps of oil in a cooking vessel. Add the onions and saute till pink. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute further for another 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
5. Add coriander pwd, cumin pwd, pepper pwd and combine well and fry for another minute.
6. Add the tomatoes and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Combine well and cook till oil separates.Turn off heat. Cool and grind the cooked masala. Keep aside this masala paste.
7. Heat 1 1/2 tbsps oil in a cooking vessel and add the marinated chicken and cook on high flame for 4-5 minutes, reduce heat and cook covered for another 4-5 minutes.
8. Add the ground masala paste, cashewnut paste and ground powder of cinnamon,cloves and curry leaves and combine well. Cook till chicken pieces are soft and you get the desired curry consistency. Adjust salt.
9. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.