Red Carrot Cashew Halwa
|Carrot||1⁄2 Kilogram (5 medium sized)|
|Thick milk||1 Liter|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food colour||1 Pinch (powder)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grate the Carrots and grind once and keep aside (dont fine grind, make sure still some carrot pieces are there.. this gives more carrot taste).
2. Put Kadai on flame, heat 2 spoon ghee and fry slightly the cashew, almond and raisins and keep aside. Let the ghee remain.
3. Now pour the milk and bring to boil, slowly keep stiring or thick milk may stick to the bottom and burn.. Non-stick pan is best for this dish.
4. When the milk is half done or has come to 1/4 litre add the sugar. Let it fully dissolve.
5. Now add the grinded carrot, red food colour and and stir till the carrots are nicley cooked, this takes 5-7 mins. You will get excellent flavour.
6. Keep stirring, let all the milk evaporate. Now add the remaining ghee and stir till the halwa does'nt stick to the vessel.
7. Now add the Cardomom. Garnish with Cashew, Almond and Raisins.