Naan is a traditional north indian bread which is made in coal fired clay kilns called tandoors.. i have bought some domestic electric / gas tandoors and have thrown them away .. here is one way you can make naans in your home using an ordinary saucepan which will work satisfactorily ..
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Teaspoon (For greasing)
1. In a small bowl, pour water, add sugar and stir to dissolve. Add yeast and allow in to get soaked in water for 2 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place maida and curd, using the sugar and yeast water, make a soft dough. Allow to sit and rise for at least 2 hours.
3. Take a dough ball of desired size and roll it into a roti.
4. On a heated aluminium pan, place the roti. Using a spoon, press it firmly so that it sticks to the pan. Turn the pan upside down and cook on direct low flame, until the naan is cooked.
5. Apply butter or ghee and serve with your choice of gravy.