|Coconuts||2 , grated|
|Husked green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||8 1⁄2 Cup (136 tbs)|
|Sago||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut slivers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ghee||20 Gram (4 Dessertspoons)|
|Dried ginger powder/3/4 teaspoon cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Extract 2 cups thick milk from the grated coconut. Add water to the residue and extract another 6 cups.
2. Roast the green beans in a heavy skillet till an aroma rises.
3. Cook the beans in five cups water till the beans are soft and the water has been absorbed.
4. Boil 3 cups water. Add sago and cook till transparent. Drain off the water and wash in cold water. Strain and keep aside.
5. Fry the coconut slivers in 1 dsp ghee. Keep aside.
6. Add 1/2 cup water to the jaggery and melt over low heat. Strain into beans and cook, stirring in the remaining ghee.
7. Simmer gently, and as it thickens add the second extract (6 cups) of coconut milk and the sago.
8. When done, add the powdered spices mixed in the first extract of coconut milk (2 cups). Do not allow to boil. Into this, add the coconut slivers.
9. Stir well and remove from fire.