Vegetable Stuffed Karela
|Bitter gourd||340 Gram (4 Medium Sized)|
|Tamarind||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (A Little)|
|Coriander powder||5 Gram|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
1. Slit gourds from oen side. Remove seeds and pulp carefully without breaking the gourds.
2. Rub inside and out with salt and let them stand for 5 to 6 hours.
3. Wash well under running water.
4. Boil the gourds in salted water to which has been added the tamarind pulp.
5. Cook till half done. Remove, drain and dry completely.
6. Heat part of the fat. Add finely sliced onions. Fry till golden brown.
7. Add the spices. Fry.
8. Add boiled mashed potatoes and boiled cauliflower and salt.
9. Add lime juice. Keep frying till well browned.
10. Stuff gourd. Tie with a thread.
11. Heat remaining fat.
12. Dip prepared gourd in beaten egg. Fry till light brown.