Idiyappam String Hoppers
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), roasted|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1. Bring water to boil. Add oil and salt. Remove from fire.
2. Pour the boiling water slowly into the rice flour, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
3. Knead well to form a soft dough.
4. Divide the dough into small portions and press each portion through a semolina press onto idly moulds
5. Steam in idli moulds for 7 to 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with grated coconut. Serve hot with sweetened coconut milk, or any meat or vegetable stew.