|Green chilies||2 Small|
|Onion||10 Gram (A Small Piece)|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄4 Pinch|
|Small onions||5 Gram|
1. Wash and shred cabbage fine, like grated coconut.
2. Grate coconut fine.
3. Crush well green chillies, onion and garlic.
4. Add coconut and turmeric and mix while grinding till well blended.
5. Cook cabbage with salt and water if desired to cook it dry but crisp.
6. Add coconut mixture and curry leaves. Do not mix. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes on a slow fire to allow steam to go through coconut mixture and curry leaves.
7. Stir with the handle of a wooden spoon to mix.
8. Remove from fire after about 2 to 3 minutes. It should be completely dry.
9. Heat oil. Add finely chopped onion. When it browns add rice.
10. When rice puffs up add cabbage thoran. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove.