Almond Rice with Curry
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Long cooking white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
2. Add almonds, rice, and curry powder. Cook until lightly browned.
3. Add water and mix well. Heat to boiling and cover.
4. Simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Remove from heat and toss lightly.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1018 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 65.2 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.9 g35.5%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 21.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet