Almond Rice with Curry
|Chopped onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium corn oil margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted slivered almonds||2 Tablespoon|
|Long cooking white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Saute onion and celery in margarine until tender.
2. Add almonds, rice, and curry powder. Cook until lightly browned.
3. Add water and mix well. Heat to boiling and cover.
4. Simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
5. Remove from heat and toss lightly.