|Split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Soak split pea for 2hrs, drain. Peel marrow with peeler, cut in 2.5cm pieces.
2. Heat oil in trypan, add cumin seeds, as they change colour, add split peas and rest of ingredients except marrow, stir on high for 1 min.
3. Add 1/4 cup water, bring to boil, cover, cook on low till split pea is tender.(approx. 10 mins)
4. Add marrow, stir well, cover, cook till vegetable is just tender, approx. 3 mins.
5. Adjust salt and chilli to taste. Serve hot garnished with fresh coriander.