Pea And Mushroom Pulao
|Basmati rice||1 Pound (450 g , 2 1/4 cups)|
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Black cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon (2.5 ml)|
|Black cardamom pods||2|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), sliced|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Button mushrooms||2 Ounce (50 g, 2/3 cup)|
|Petits pois||3 Ounce (75 g, 1/3 heaped cup)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Pint (750 ml, 3 2/3 cups)|
1. Wash the rice at least twice and set aside in a sieve.
2. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the spices, garlic and salt.
3. Add the sliced tomato and button mushrooms, and stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and peas, and gently stir around making sure you do not break the rice.
5. Add the water and bring the mixture to the boil. Lower the heat, cover, and continue to cook for a further 15-20 minutes.