|Refined flour||115 Gram|
|Fresh green peas||100 Gram|
|French beans||100 Gram|
|Green chillies||5 Gram|
|Mustard seeds||1 Gram|
|Coriander sprigs||2 (green)|
|Oil||100 Gram (for frying)|
1. Make a smooth dough with flour, salt and butter.
2. Chop green chillies and onions. Chop the carrots, beans and potatoes into small pieces.
3. Heat the fat. Add mustard seeds. When they crackle, add the vegetables, chopped onions, green chillies and turmeric. Sprinkle a little water and cook over slow fire till potatoes are cooked (about 15 minutes).
4. Add salt and mix well for about 5 minutes. Add lime juice and chopped leaves and remove.
5. Knead the dough again and make into small round balls.
6. Flatten and roll out on a floured board. Make these rounds the size of a saucer. Cut in half.
7. Make into a cone. Fill with the mixture. Wet the open edges with water and press together.
8. Heat oil to smoke point. Add samosas. Lower fire and fry till they are crisp and light brown.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2220 Calories from Fat 1531
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.1%
Saturated Fat 48 g240.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133 mg44.3%
Sodium 488.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 150 g49.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77.2%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 381.2% Vitamin C 150.8%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 48.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet