4 Tablespoon (use butter or vegetable shortening for richness)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. In a bowl take the Bisquick pancake flour and the plain flour. Add caraway seeds and mix well.
3. To this dry mixture, add oil and a teaspoon of sugar. Mix well.
4. Gradually add warm milk and mix to get a soft dough.
5. Take small portions from the prepared dough and make balls and lay them on an un-greased cookie baking tray.
6. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes at 450 F and then at the lowest temperature for about 10 to 15 minutes. (Flip sides of the biscuits if required when the bottom side gets brown in color).
7. Once baked, take the biscuits out and set aside to cool. Once they have cooled down, store in air tight containers.
8. Serve as a snack with a hot cup of tea.
Other alternate suggestions for the different flavors that can be incorporated in these biscuits are by adding carom seeds or a pinch of turmeric powder with black pepper or dry fenugreek leaves.
Those who are keen on making Indian biscuits, then check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make yummy salted biscuits. They are also called Makhaniya biscuits In Gujarat. These biscuits are so easy and quick to make. You will really enjoy eating them while having tea. Do check out the video.