|Firm mangoes||1 Kilogram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Asafoetida||1 1⁄4 Pinch (1 large pinch)|
|Mustard seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilly powder||10 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Inch|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Wash, wipe dry and cut the mangoes into 6-8 pieces each. Put them into a large mixing bowl, sprinkle half the salt and turmeric powder, mix well, and set aside.
2. Broil salt in a kadai on low heat, and remove.
3. Into the same kadai pour one tablespoon of oil, fry the asafoetida, then the fenugreek seeds to golden brown. Remove, powder, and set aside.
4. Heat the rest of the oil, add the whole spices (cloves and cinnamon) and when done remove the kadai from fire. Add the chilly powder and salt, mix, and cool.
5. Strain the mango pieces and discard the water.
6. Pour the cooled oil over the mango pieces, add the fenugreek-asafoetida powders, and mix thoroughly.
7. Put the pickle into an earthenware jar, sun for 4-5 days, cover and store.
Calories 45 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 0.51 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 790.9 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 0.4 g0.79%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 6.3%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet