|Split black gram||100 Gram|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Pinch|
|Whole wheat flour||10 Gram|
|Fat||30 Gram (for frying, adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Soak gram and rice separately for about 8 hours.
2. Grind rice coarsely and gram to a smooth, light and frothy paste.
3. Grind green chillies to a smooth paste.
4. Mix together rice, split black gram, green chillies, sugar and salt.
5. Stir well and leave it covered overnight in a warm place.
6. Beat the mixture well and add, wheat flour and soda bicarbonate.
7. Add more water if it is too thick and beat well to get a pouring consistency (pancake batter consistency).
8. Heat griddle. Smear with fat.
9. Pour a spoonful of batter. Spread into a round (about 13 cm. or 5" diameter).
10. In about 2 minutes turn over. Cook for another minute.
11. Serve hot with coconut chutney.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1553 Calories from Fat 305
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.5 mg8.5%
Sodium 4097.9 mg170.7%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g91.9%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.9%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 161.6%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 22%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet