|Split black gram||100 Gram|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Pinch|
|Whole wheat flour||10 Gram|
|Fat||30 Gram (for frying, adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Soak gram and rice separately for about 8 hours.
2. Grind rice coarsely and gram to a smooth, light and frothy paste.
3. Grind green chillies to a smooth paste.
4. Mix together rice, split black gram, green chillies, sugar and salt.
5. Stir well and leave it covered overnight in a warm place.
6. Beat the mixture well and add, wheat flour and soda bicarbonate.
7. Add more water if it is too thick and beat well to get a pouring consistency (pancake batter consistency).
8. Heat griddle. Smear with fat.
9. Pour a spoonful of batter. Spread into a round (about 13 cm. or 5" diameter).
10. In about 2 minutes turn over. Cook for another minute.
11. Serve hot with coconut chutney.