|Chickpeas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Soak overnight and pressure cook for 4 whistles)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chillies||2 , slit|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon (For garnish)|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chana masala powder||1 Tablespoon (Recipe for chana masala powder)|
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, bay leaves and cumin seeds.
2. Once the cumin seeds crackle, add ginger garlic paste. Saute for a while.
3. Add chopped onions and slit green chillies and fry till golden brown.
4. Add turmeric powder and salt. Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they are mushy.
5. Add chana masala and mix well.
6. Now add the cooked chana (along with water in which it has been cooked) and bring it to a boil.
7. Now sprinkle garam masala powder and pav bhaji masala and mix well.
8. Cover and cook on a low flame for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Serve hot garnished with cilantro.