1. Take a whole grain bread slices. (Sub sandwich bread may be used or any bread of your choice)
2. Spread butter on the all the four slices.
3. Spread a little of the garlic chutney on one slice of each sandwich, and spread the date and tamarind chutney on the other slice.
4. Place each vada pav (batata vadas) on each of the slices, spread some mint and cilantro chutney on top of the batata vada and close the sandwich.
5. Serve the vada pav as a snack with Indian tea.
Watch the video 'Batata Vada or Aloo Bonda' for the list of ingredients and the step by step directions on how to make batata vada.
If you have some left over bateta vada, then you can try making yummy vada pav from it. The chef shows an easy way to make it. So if you're in a hurry and need to prepare something quick then this is the appropriate recipe. You can serve the vada pav with green chutney or ketchup. Do check out the video for the super easy recipe.