1. Heat a pan with ghee. When the ghee melts, add jaggery and stir continuously to melt it. (If you are using the hard jaggery, you can shred it and add it)
2. Add cardamom powder (if using) and the sesame seeds. Lower the temperature of the heat, and stir quickly to mix the sesame seeds well into the jaggery.
3. Add the milk and let it cook for a little while. Stir occasionally.
4. Once done remove the mixture on to a bowl and let it cool. (Do not let it cool completely, as once it cools it will harden and you cannot make the laddus).
5. Smear a little ghee on your palm and take small portions of the mixture, while it is still warm and shape it into laddus and lay on a plate. Once it cools completely it will harden.
As Makar Sankrant is nearing this recipe will be of great help to you. On this festival most of the Indians prepare Til laddu at home. Chef Bhavna shows how to make the til laddu step by step. It is super easy to prepare. Your family and guests will love it. Don't forget to watch the video before trying it at home.