1. In a bowl mix the wheat flour, semolina (optional) and ghee. Combine the ghee well with the flour.
2. Gradually add water, very little at a time and knead the dough to get a hard ball of dough.
3. Once done, cover it and set aside.
4. Preheat the griddle at very low heat. Start rolling out bhakris taking golf ball size portions from the prepared dough.
5. Thick bhakris to be rolled out and baked on the griddle, until golden brown on both sides. (From 1 cup of wheat flour, you can make 6 equal size bhakris)
6. Once cooked, remove the baked bhakris on to a plate.
7. Take a food processor, break the bhakri into big pieces and process it to a powdery texture. Into this mixture, add the cardamom powder (if using) and the poppy seeds (if using). And stir to mix all the ingredients.
8. Heat a pot on medium heat, and melt the ghee. Once the ghee has started melting, add the jaggery. Reduce the temperature and continuously stir to melt and mix the ghee and the jaggery well.
9. Add the powdered bhakri mixture (churma) into the ghee and jaggery base. Remove the whole mixture into a mixing bowl and starting mixing right away.
10. Make the ball shaped laddus with your hands and set them on a plate.
11. Serve the laddus on festive occasions like Ganesh Chaturthi.
Semolina is added to bring crispiness to the laddu.
Things You Will Need
1. Gridle/Tava - to bake the bhakris
2. Food processor - to powder the baked bhakris
If you're searching for some quick recipes of Indian sweets, then you are at the right place. This is a recipe of churma laddu which is mostly prepared for ganesh festival . It's so tasty that it melts in your mouth. Do check out the video for the detailed recipe.
Churma Laddu Recipe Video, Indian Wheat Flour Sweet Balls