Bhavna brings you super easy to make breakfast dish Batata Poha!
1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (Optional)
2 Medium, chopped
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Green chili paste
1 Tablespoon, broken
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (For garnishing)
1. Wash poha and soak the it in water for about an hour.
2. After an hour, squeeze out all the water from the poha and set aside.
3. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds. When the mustard seeds crackle add the cumin seeds, asafoetida (hing) and curry leaves.
4. Add the potatoes and cook till tender. (If adding onions, saute the onions also along with the potatoes).
5. Add salt to taste, turmeric powder and the corn and stir for a couple of minutes.
6. Add the green chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, crushed peanuts, raisins, cashews and the shredded coconut. Stir well.
7. Add the sesame seeds and the poha. Stir gently to combine all the ingredients well.
8. Add a splash of lemon juice and sprinkle some freshly chopped cilantro. Stir and turn off the heat.
9. Serve the batata poha sprinkled with some fine sev, finely chopped onions and tomatoes as a snack or for breakfast.
Are you looking for a simple breakfast idea? See this video that presents an excellent recipe for Indian batata poha. The video is really impressive as well a great way to pamper your taste buds with an absolutely delicious wholesome breakfast. Take a look and prepare this effortless batata poha to kickstart your day.