1 1⁄2 Pound, cut lengthwise into eighths (Skin scrubbed)
1 Pinch (Optional)
2 Medium, cut lengthwise
Green chili paste
Coriander and cumin powder
1 Tablespoon, chopped finely
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add asafoetida, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
2. When they crackle add the cut vegetables and stir gently.
3. Add the papad khar (optional) and salt and stir well. After about 2 minutes add the potatoes, stir gently, cover and let it cook for a few more minutes on medium heat.
4. Add green chili paste and garlic paste. Mix well, cover again and cook.
5. After about 10 to 12 minutes, uncover and add turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder, sesame seeds. Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes uncovered.
6. Add lime juice and sugar to taste. Mix well.
7. Garnish with finely chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.
8. Serve with rice, roti and kadhi or dal.
Those fond of having the Gujarati cuisine will really enjoy this dish. This vegetable is very healthy and this dish is prepared in the regular day to day cooking. So do try out the recipe and surely watch the video.