1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add asafoetida and the cut okra pieces. Stir well.
2. Add salt to taste and a pinch of papad khar. Stir well to combine, cover and cook for a few minutes.
3. After a few minutes, uncover, stir once again and add the green chili paste and garlic paste.
4. Stir well to mix all the ingredients, keeping the temperature on a medium heat. Cook uncovered.
5. Add the turmeric powder, coriander and cumin powder. Give it a stir and let it cook for a few more minutes before turning off the heat.
6. Serve the bhindi/okra sabji with roti, rice and Gujarati kadhi.
Again this is the recipe for Bhindi lovers. This is an Indian dish. We can call it okra also. This curry can be made for the regular daily meal. It Is easy to cook and a very tasty vegetable. Watch the video for the recipe. I'm sure your family will enjoy the curry.
Calories 126 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 214.8 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 4 g7%
Vitamin A 17.7%
Vitamin C 60%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Bhindi Sabji - Bhinda Nu Shak - Okra Curry Recipe Video