Crispy Dosa - Rice and Lentil Crepes
|Long grain rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), soaked in water overnight|
|Split black gram||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in water overnight (Skinless)|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Tablespoon, soaked in water overnight|
|Poha||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked for half an hour|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use only sufficient amount of water for blending)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as required) (Optional)|
1. Soak the rice, dal and fenugreek seeds in water, preferably overnight.
2. After about 6 to 8 hours drain the soaked rice and dals (keep the drained water aside and can be used for blending).
3. Soak poha in a little water for about 30 minutes.
4. Blend each of the rice, dals and poha separately and pour the batter one by one into a large bowl, mix well and set aside.
5. Add salt, mix well, cover and set it aside to ferment for about 4 to 6 hours.
6. Heat a pan on the stove. When warm, pour the batter on the pan making a round circle starting from the center moving in circular motion outwards towards the edges.
7. Drizzle some oil over the dosa and wait till it cooks and the edges turn golden brown.
8. Serve the dosas as it is with sambhar and your choice of chutneys. The dosas can also be served with a potato filling or stuffed with any filling of your choice.
After the prepared batter has fermented for 6 hours, prepare the dosas immediately. If you do not plan to prepare it immediately, then refrigerate the batter until you are ready to prepare the dosas.
When making the dosas, make sure that the tava is just warm and not very hot. In case the tava is hot, then sprinkle some water over it to bring down the temperature before spreading the dosa batter on it.
Calories 286 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 195.3 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.6%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 1% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet