1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into slices (Called Kantola -Fresh or Frozen may be used)
1 Pinch (Optional)
Green chili paste
1 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)
Garlic paste/Garlic powder
Coriander and cumin powder
To Taste (Optional)
1. Heat a pan and add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil. Add asafoetida and the cut vegetable (kantola).
2. Add the papad khar (optional) and salt and stir well. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the green chili paste and garlic paste and combine well with the vegetable. Cover again and let it cook for about 6 to 8 minutes stirring occasionally.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, mix of coriander and cumin powder and stir well.
5. Reduce the temperature of the stove and add a little bit of sugar. Stir well and turn off the heat once done.
6. Serve the kantola nu shaak or kantola sabji (kantola curry) with rice, dal and Gujarati kadhi. The vegetable can also be served with roti.
Those looking for Gujarati cuisine recipes will find this recipe useful. kantola is a very healthy vegetable. It can be used for the regular day to day cooking. It can be served with roti or naan. This is a very basic and simple curry. Do check out the video.