1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), boiled (Boiled with a little bit of salt)
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
Punjabi garam masala
Fresh lime juice
1. Boil the garbanzo beans/chickpeas/chana in a little water with a little bit of salt added to it. Once cooked, set aside.
2. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil, add cumin seeds, asafoetida and turmeric powder.
3. Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste. Add the sliced onions, stir and let the onions cook till tender.
4. Add the fresh chopped spinach and stir. (Add the spinach a little at a time, saute and once it settles in the pan, add the rest).
5. Add the cooked garbanzo beans (cooked with a little salt) and salt to taste.
6. Add brown sugar, Punjabi garam masala, fresh lime juice and stir well. Let the added masalas blend with the palak (spinach) and the chana (garbanzo beans), then turn off the heat.
7. Serve the dish with rice, roti, naan or paratha.
Again those who are searching for some different curry recipes, should check this out. This is a punjabi curry and is called palak and chhole curry in India. Spinach is very good for health. Check out the video for this tasty and healthy curry recipe.
Palak Chhole Or Chana (Spinach And Chick Peas Curry) Recipe Video