Paneer Bhurji & Paneer Bhurji Pie Or Pillow
|For the paneer bhurji|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon, divided|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Green bell peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cashews||2 Tablespoon, broken|
|Paneer||500 Gram, crumbled|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Shahi paneer garam masala/Punjabi masala||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|For the paneer bhurji pie|
|Pie crust||1 Medium|
To prepare the paneer bhurji:
1. Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida (hing), and finely chopped onions. Stir and let the onions cook until tender. Keep the stove heat at low while cooking the onions.
2. Add the red and the green bell peppers, ginger, garlic and the green chili paste. Stir for a couple of minutes.
3. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and the broken cashews. Stir well.
4. Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and make a well-like space in the center of the pan. Add a little bit of oil and add the crumbled paneer and cook for a few minutes until lightly brown in color.
5. Mix everything together gently and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and let the tomatoes cook along with all the other vegetables.
6. Add the shahi paneer garam masala and salt to taste. Stir well.
7. Finally add the finely chopped fresh cilantro, stir and turn off the stove.
8. Serve the paneer bhurji with rice, roti, naan or paratha.
To prepare the paneer bhurji pie or pillow:
1. Preheat the oven/oven toaster at 400 F.
2. Take a pie crust and cut shapes as per your choice using a cutting mold.
3. Lay the cut pie crusts on the table and put the left over paneer bhurji filling in the center and cover it with another piece of cut pie crust. Seal the edges of the filled crusts well. Using a fork make a pattern on the edges, this would help sealing the edges better.
4. Bake in the oven toaster for about 5 to 8 minutes and the paneer bhurji pies are crispy and ready to serve.
5. Serve the crispy paneer bhurji pie hot as a snack.
Paneer bhurji triangles can also be made by putting the filling in the center of left over rotis and toasted on a pan with butter.
1. Cutting mold - to cut the pie crust