15 Medium, torn in bite size pieces (Left over chapatis or rotis used)
Green chili paste
1 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)
1⁄2 Teaspoon (Use according to your taste)
1. In a bowl add to the torn roti/chapati pieces, turmeric powder, green chili paste, garlic paste, curry leaves, sugar, salt, coriander powder and lime juice.
2. Add a splash of water and mix all the ingredients until well combined. If required add little more water.
3. Heat a pan of oil, add mustard seeds, asafoetida, sesame seeds and the roti mixture. Stir for a few minutes keeping the temperature on a low heat.
4. After about 5 minutes turn off the heat.
5. Serve the vaghareli roti for breakfast or as a snack.
Adding lime juice adds to the crispiness of the roti. If you want your rotis to be soft then add yogurt mixed with a little water in the end.
If you have left over roti at home, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to use the left over roti to make this quick dish. It's very easy to make and saves time. It is eaten for breakfast. So do try out the recipe and surely watch the video.