Paneer Tikka Masala(as BBQ Snack or with Gravy)
|Paneer cubes||500 Gram, cubed into big chunks|
|Tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into big cubes|
|Red onion||2 Medium, cut into big cubes|
|Green bell pepper||2 Medium, cut into big cubes|
|Red bell pepper||2 Medium, cut into big cubes|
|Yellow bell pepper||2 Medium, cut into big cubes|
|Pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut into big cubes (Optional)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Juice of lemon/Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (Yogurt may also be used as an alternate option)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Tandoori garam masala/Punjabi masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Chaat masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet and sour sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
1. Cut the paneer and the vegetables into big chunky cubes and put them into a large mixing bowl.
2. Into the bowl add olive oil, juice from 1/2 fresh lemon, brown sugar (optional), tandoori garam masala, paprika, chaat masala, garlic powder, cumin powder, hot sauce, sweet and sour sauce, salt and finely chopped fresh cilantro. Mix to combine all the ingredients well.
3. Cover and set aside to marinate for about 4 to 6 hours.
4. Preheat the grill to 350 F.
5. Arrange the paneer, bell peppers, onion and pineapple pieces into skewers alternatively.
6. Line the skewers into the preheated grill. Keep turning the sides of the skewers so that all the vegetables and paneer pieces cook evenly.
7. Grill for about 15 to 20 minutes till you see the edges turning brown in color.
8. Serve the paneer tikka warm.
Paneer tikka can be served as a BBQ snack (without the gravy).
The marinated paneer may be grilled or roasted.
Add sour cream/yogurt to the left over paneer tikka masala to serve it with a gravy.
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.6%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.3 mg2.8%
Sodium 724.3 mg30.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 13 g25.5%
Vitamin A 72.9% Vitamin C 339.1%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet