Sprouted Lentil Curry - Fangavela Mag Nu Shaak
|For the boiling of lentils|
|Sprouted green gram||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kidney beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black eyed beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garbanzo beans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the seasoning with spices|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Boil the lentils in salt water and set aside. The kidney beans, black eyed beans and garbanzo beans may be boiled together in the pressure cooker in salt water. The sprouted green gram may be boiled separately as it would not take much time to cook.
2. Take a pot, heat it with 2 tablespoons of oil, add the mustard seeds and when they crackle add asafoetida, and all the boiled mixed lentils.
3. For the 2 cups of lentils, add 1/4 cup of water and stir.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Stir to combine all the spices well with the lentils.
5. Add some garam masala (optional) and stir for a couple of minutes in the open pot.
6. Finally squeeze a little lime juice into it before serving.
7. Serve warm with a couple of fresh lime wedges.
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 568.7 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.2%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 16 g32.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet