1. Boil the lentils in salt water and set aside. The kidney beans, black eyed beans and garbanzo beans may be boiled together in the pressure cooker in salt water. The sprouted green gram may be boiled separately as it would not take much time to cook.
2. Take a pot, heat it with 2 tablespoons of oil, add the mustard seeds and when they crackle add asafoetida, and all the boiled mixed lentils.
3. For the 2 cups of lentils, add 1/4 cup of water and stir.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. Stir to combine all the spices well with the lentils.
5. Add some garam masala (optional) and stir for a couple of minutes in the open pot.
6. Finally squeeze a little lime juice into it before serving.
7. Serve warm with a couple of fresh lime wedges.
If you're looking for some Indian curry recipes, then you must try this dish. Chef Bhavna makes the mixed lentil curry in the video. This is a super easy recipe. You can serve the curry with hot roti or rice. So don't forget to watch the video for this healthy recipe.