|Refined vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Husked black beans||2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green chilies||3⁄4 Tablespoon, finely chopped (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Ginger||1⁄3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Curry leaves||3⁄4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Semolina||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Broken cashew nuts||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, fried|
1. Heat the oil and splutter mustard seeds and beans. Add and saute the onions, green chilles, ginger and curry leaves.
2. Add the semolina and mix well.
3. Add 6 cups boiling water to this mixture with lime juice, salt and cashewnuts.
4. Bring to boil. Stir continuously, allowing the water to be absorbed.
5. Remove from heat. Serve warm, garnished with coriander leaves.