Methi Muthiya for Undhiyu - Fenugreek Leaves Dumplings
|Jowar flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chick pea flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Besan)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Fenugreek leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh/ frozen/ dry)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as needed)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon (Use as needed to coat the muthiyas)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. In a bowl, take jowar flour and besan. To this add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, green chili paste, sugar, fenugreek leaves and oil. Using your hands mix all the ingredients to combine well.
2. Gradually add water, very little quantity at a time ( just enough required for the dough) and knead the dough.
3. Keep a couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds set aside. Take small portions of the prepared dough and make muthiyas with your hand, dip or roll each one of them on the sesame seeds to coat them with it.
4. Heat oil in a pan for frying at medium temperature. Deep fry the muthiyas till golden brown and drain them on to a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
5. Serve the methi muthiyas in the traditional undhiyu or as it is as a snack with Indian tea.
If required, you can also add corn flour along with the jowar flour and the besan for extra crunchy muthiyas.
Calories 172 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.6%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 44.2 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet