Methi Muthiya For Undhiyu is from Indian cuisine, Methi Muthiya can be used for any curry. This tastes great along with Indian tea called "chai."Methi Muthiya are easy to make it can be used for multipurposes.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Chick pea flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Besan)
Green chili paste
1⁄4 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh/ frozen/ dry)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use as needed)
2 Tablespoon (Use as needed to coat the muthiyas)
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
1. In a bowl, take jowar flour and besan. To this add turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, green chili paste, sugar, fenugreek leaves and oil. Using your hands mix all the ingredients to combine well.
2. Gradually add water, very little quantity at a time ( just enough required for the dough) and knead the dough.
3. Keep a couple of tablespoons of sesame seeds set aside. Take small portions of the prepared dough and make muthiyas with your hand, dip or roll each one of them on the sesame seeds to coat them with it.
4. Heat oil in a pan for frying at medium temperature. Deep fry the muthiyas till golden brown and drain them on to a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
5. Serve the methi muthiyas in the traditional undhiyu or as it is as a snack with Indian tea.
If required, you can also add corn flour along with the jowar flour and the besan for extra crunchy muthiyas.
Again if you're looking for the recipes of gujurati snacks, then you must try making this dish. You can use the it in any curry you make or you can have it with tea, as it tastes great with tea. It is called methi muthiya in Gujarati cuisine. It tastes so delicious and is very crispy too. Do check out the video.
Methi Muthiya For Undhiyu - Fenugreek Leaves Dumplings Recipe Video