Dal Makhani is one of the famous dishes from Indian cuisine, this dish is super easy to prepare. Dal Makhani can be prepared by boiling. You can impress your guests by serving dal makhani.
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Whole urad with the skin)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Rajma)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Chana dal)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Red chili powder
1 Cup (16 tbs) (As required)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Tablespoon, chopped (To garnish)
1. Soak the black gram, kidney beans and Bengal gram in water overnight.
2. Boil and cook the dals separately and set aside.
3. Heat a pan, add ghee, onion paste and stir for a minute or so. (The onion paste is already cooked and stored)
4. Stir in tomato puree along with the onion paste, cover and let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Add garlic and ginger paste to the simmering onion and tomato mixture.
6. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt to taste and garam masala powder. Stir, cover and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Add the cooked lentils (dals) along with some water. Stir and let it simmer covered for a few minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, stir in some heavy cream and serve.
9. Serve the dal makhani hot garnished with freshly chopped cilantro and a drizzle of heavy cream. The dish may be served with rice, roti, naan or paratha.
If you enjoy eating Indian dals then you will relish the dal makhani. This is a very famous dish in the Indian cuisine. You can garnish the dal by adding cream to it. You can serve the dal makhani with hot rice, roti or naan. Watch the video for the amazing recipe and I'm sure your guests will love it.