1. Heat a pan at medium temperature, add the ghee and the shredded carrots and cook them well until tender.
2. Once the carrots are done, add the nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews and raisins), reserving some for decorating the sweet before serving. Cook for a few more minutes. (Carrots are to be cooked for a minimum of 6 minutes)
3. Add milk powder and stir for a few minutes.
4. Add sugar and stir well. Finally add the cardamom powder and stir to combine well.
5. Serve the carrot pudding garnished with the slivered almonds, pistachios and raisins.
A low fat option of making this halwa is by steaming the carrots instead of cooking it in ghee.
Nothing like some delicious homemade gajar ka halwa, it tastes awesome and simply magical. Watch this interesting video that shares excellent tips to prepare a perfect dessert to amaze your family and friends. This terrific dessert would definitely add a special touch to any festive occasion and a flavorful extravaganza!
Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Pudding) - Gajrela Or Gajar Barfi - Carrot Burfi By Bhavna Recipe Video