પેટીશ - Stuffed Aloo Tikki - Patties Or Pattice - Stuffed Potato Balls
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the layer/potato balls|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use only if using ready mashed potato flakes) (Optional)|
|Gram flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Use as per taste)|
|Mashed potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiled, peeled and mashed (If using ready mashed potato, then 2 cups mashed potato + 2 cups water)|
|For the filling|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Poppy seeds||2 Tablespoon (Khas khas)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cashews||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen or fresh may be used)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/Regular sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sev/Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (or ghatiya)|
To make the layer using ready potato flakes:
1. Take a heavy bottomed pan, add 2 cups of water, sugar, gram flour (besan), corn flour, cumin powder, salt and mix everything together. Use an electronic hand blender and blend all ingredients well (if not using a blender, blend in hot water gradually, a little at a time.
2. Warm this mixture slightly and add the ready made mashed potato flakes.Mix well.
3. Remove it into a bowl and let it cool slightly.
To prepare the filling:
4. Heat a pan, add a tablespoon of oil, add the shredded coconut flakes, sesame seeds, poppy seeds (khas khas), salt, cumin powder stir and let it brown slightly.
5. Add the ginger, garlic and green chili paste and cashew nuts. Stir on a low heat.
6. Add the green peas (mattar), stir to cook slightly and then add the raisins and stir for a minute or two and turn off the heat.
7. Add the sugar and fresh lime juice. Mix all the ingredients well.
8. Take a food processor and add the prepared mixture, process it for 10 seconds and then add the cilantro and process again till you get a coarse mixture.
9. Add the sev/gathiya into the mixture and process again to blend well.
10. Remove the mixture in to a pan and let it cool. Then, using your hands take small portions of the filling mixture and make small round balls and set aside.
11. Use your hands and knead the potato mixture well to a smooth dough. Moisten your hands with a little oil, and mold golf size balls with the potato dough.
12. Make a hole in the middle and place the filling and cover it. Smoothen it and make it round without cracks. Cover the balls with a damp cloth, if you are not frying immediately.
13. Heat a pan with oil at medium temperature and fry the potato balls till golden brown. When done remove them on a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
14. Serve the patties with cilantro chutney or tamarind chutney along with fried chilies seasoned with salt.
These patties can be prepared ahead of time and just warmed in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
2. Food processor