NEMAN show describes eazy method to make a south Indian Spring Roll Dosa.
6 Ounce, soaked
Long grain rice
12 Ounce, soaked
1⁄2 Pound, mashed
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
2 , chopped finely
1. In two separate bowls, soak urid dal and long grain rice in water.
FOR DOSA BATTER
2. In a food processor, add dal with water and grind until smooth paste. Transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
3. Into the same food processor, add soaked rice with water. Grind it to a coarse texture.
4. Transfer this rice batter to the bowl and mix with the dal. Add yogurt and ferment the batter for 18-24 hours.
5. In a bowl, mash the potatoes. Add spring onion, green chilies, salt and lemon juice. Mix well.
6. In a flat pan, apply ½ teaspoon oil. Take a ladleful of dosa batter. Pour it on the pan.
7. Quickly spread the batter in a circular manner to get a thin and round dosa. Pour some oil on the top and edges and cook until light golden colour.
8. Add the filling on top of the dosa. Roll up the dosa from both sides then flip it. Cook for another 1 minute.
9. Remove dosa from the pan and transfer to a plate. Cut it into 5-6 pieces.
10. Serve the Spring Roll Dosa with fresh coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.