Oven Roasted Root Vegetables
|Carrot||1 Medium, peeled, cut into bite size pieces|
|Beet||1 Medium, peeled, cut into bite size pieces|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, cut into bite size pieces|
|Sweet potato||1 Medium, peeled, cut into bite size pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, cut into bite size pieces|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided (2 tablespoons added in the begining and 1/2 tablespoon added after 15 minutes of roasting)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|For the fresh fruit juice|
|Orange juice||500 Milliliter|
|Pineapple juice||500 Milliliter|
|Ice cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 425 F.
2. Spread a sheet of wax paper on the baking tray and set aside.
3. In a bowl, add the peeled and cut vegetables.
4. Season with olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Taking the baking tray lined with wax paper, spread the seasoned root vegetables on the tray in a single layer.
6. Roast in the oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
7. After about 10 to 15 minutes, take out the baking tray with the vegetables, season with paprika, garlic powder, olive oil and stir them again. Put them back into the oven and roast for another 10 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, mix the fresh orange and pineapple juice and make a delicious fresh fruit beverage.
9. Serve the roasted root vegetables with the fresh fruit juice.
When roasting the root vegetables, for an added Asian flavor, you can add cumin powder and coriander powder as well.
2. Baking tray
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 613.7 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 35.9 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 176.5% Vitamin C 230.3%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet