Curry Broiled Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 Pound, split in half|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Curry powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Wipe chicken with damp paper towels. With long skewers, secure wings and legs of chicken close to body.
2. Place chicken, skin side down, in broiler pan, without rack. Brush surface with 1/4 cup of the melted butter.
3. Broil chicken, 8 inches from heat, 15 minutes, or until browned, brushing every 5 minutes with drippings.
4. Turn chicken skin side up. Brush with pan drippings; broil 5 minutes longer. Meanwhile,
in small bowl, combine the rest of the butter with curry, salt, and pepper.
5. Brush chicken again, using half the curry butter.
6. Broil chicken 5 minutes more. Then brush with rest of curry-butter mixture; broil 5 minutes longer or until nicely browned and chicken is crisp and tender.
7. To serve, carefully remove skewers from the chicken. Place each half on a serving plate.