Chicken Curry Jaipur
|Stewing chicken||4 Pound, cut up (1 Whole)|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , studded with four cloves|
|Minced onion||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped ginger||3 Tablespoon (Preserved / Crystallized)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed dried mint||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the chicken in a deep kettle or Dutch oven with the water, two teaspoons of the salt, the peppercorns, onion and carrot. Cover and simmer one hour.
2. Remove the chicken from the broth and cool. Reserve broth. Cut the chicken into small pieces, removing the skin and bones.
3. Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute until tender, but not brown. Stir in the curry powder.
4. Gradually stir in the coconut milk and one cup of the strained chicken broth. Add the pepper, remaining salt, ginger, cloves and mint. Cover and cook over low heat thirty minutes.
5. Add the chicken pieces and continue cooking until the chicken is tender, about thirty minutes longer.
Calories 903 Calories from Fat 499
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.8%
Saturated Fat 26.1 g130.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240.8 mg80.3%
Sodium 1038.6 mg43.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 64 g128.6%
Vitamin A 45.4% Vitamin C 11.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 32.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet