Green Chilly Pickle
|Green chilies||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Tamarind ball||1 Large|
|Oil||1⁄4 Kilogram (Preferably Til)|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 Tablespoon, According To Taste)|
|Broil and powder:|
|Mustard seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Boil the tamarind in a little water, and take out thick extract, removing the seeds and pips. Pass through a strainer, and set aside.
2. Wash and wipe dry the chillies thoroughly. There should be absolutely no traces of water. Slit each chilly into two, halfway through.
3. Heat the oil and when done, add the chillies and fry until soft. Do not allow to get browned.
4. Add the tamarind extract, and cook for a while.
5. Add the salt and powdered spices, and cook further until the oil surfaces. Cool and bottle.