Green Chilly Pickle
|Green chilies||1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Tamarind ball||1 Large|
|Oil||1⁄4 Kilogram (Preferably Til)|
|Turmeric powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 Tablespoon, According To Taste)|
|Broil and powder:|
|Mustard seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fenugreek seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1. Boil the tamarind in a little water, and take out thick extract, removing the seeds and pips. Pass through a strainer, and set aside.
2. Wash and wipe dry the chillies thoroughly. There should be absolutely no traces of water. Slit each chilly into two, halfway through.
3. Heat the oil and when done, add the chillies and fry until soft. Do not allow to get browned.
4. Add the tamarind extract, and cook for a while.
5. Add the salt and powdered spices, and cook further until the oil surfaces. Cool and bottle.
Calories 696 Calories from Fat 603
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g105.5%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5830.8 mg243%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A 29.6% Vitamin C 506.7%
Calcium 14% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet