|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Chili powder||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Ginger piece||1⁄2 Inch|
|Coriander powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||2 Tablespoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|Cinnamon sticks||2 Small|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), washed, cleaned and ground|
|Cashewnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), half to be ground, other half to be left whole|
|Onion||1 , finely sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned and finely chopped|
|Coriander leaves||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), finely cut (Or 1 Small Bunch)|
1. Clean, wash and joint the chicken.
2. Grind the coconut, 2 onions, poppy seeds, garlic, ginger and mustard seeds. Mix all the powdered spices to a paste with water.
3. Heat fat and add spices (cloves, cardamoms and cinnamon). Add the onion finely sliced and fry to a light brown.
4. Now add the ground ingredients with the paste and fry for about 5 to 10 minutes till all raw smell disappears and the fat floats on top.
5. Add finely chopped skinned tomatoes and coriander leaves and fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Now add the chicken and fry for another few minutes till slightly browned. Add the vinegar with the ground raisins and cashewnuts, with 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
7. Cover tightly and cook on a slow fire till chicken is cooked. Add whole cashewnuts and serve (if chicken is not well cooked, add a little more water and cook a little longer).
Calories 618 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.3%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.8 mg42.9%
Sodium 155.9 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 24.3%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet