Aromatic Chicken Curry
|Red lentils||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mild curry paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind strip||1 Small|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter Chicken Stock)|
|Chicken thighs||8 , skinned|
|Spinach leaves||6 Ounce, rinsed and shredded (175 Gram)|
|Freshly chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Natural low fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Put the lentils in a sieve and rinse thoroughly under cold running water.
2. Dry-fry the ground coriander and cumin seeds in a large saucepan over a low heat for about 30 seconds. Stir in the curry paste.
3. Add the lentils to the saucepan with the bay leaf and lemon rind, then pour in the stock.
4. Stir, then slowly bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, half-cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Secure the chicken thighs with cocktail sticks to keep their shape. Place in the pan and half-cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the shredded spinach and cook for a further 25 minutes or until the chicken is very tender and the sauce is thick.
7. Remove the bay leaf and lemon rind. Stir in the coriander and lemon juice, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the rice and a little natural yogurt.