Enjoy hot mango pickle throughout the year...anytime, with any dish..This recipe is from south Gujarat. My aunt runs a small home-based pickle business, so I learnt a few things about pickle. So enjoy.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed
1 Large, cubed
Red chili powder
Olive oil/Vegetable oil
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Whole dry red chilies
1. Take a bowl, into it add ground/crushed fenugreek seeds, red chili powder, paprika, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida and mix well.
2. In a small pan, heat about 3 tablespoons of oil and add 2 dry whole red chilies. When they are browned slightly, add the chilies along with the oil to the mixed pickle masala. And stir well.
3. Add the cut raw mango pieces to it and mix to combine well. Store this mixture in an air tight container for about 24 hours.
4. After 24 hours add more oil and the pickle is ready to serve.
5. Serve the pickle as a condiment with your choice of Indian dishes.
If required to store the pickle for a long period of time then refrigerate it for freshness.
To all those who enjoy eating Indian pickles will relish this. For most Indians pickle is an important part of their meal. If you want to preserve it for a longer time, then do refrigerate it. Watch the video for the recipe of this tasty pickle.