Bhavna brings your requested recipe...Very delicious traditional Indian cookie. Kids love it. Made with wheat flour for a healthier option.
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
Whole wheat flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1 Dash (for greasing the cookie sheet)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for garnish) (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven at 350 F.
2. Grease a cookie baking sheet with some cooking spray and set aside.
3. In a bowl add the butter (kept at room temperature) and sugar, beat it as well as you can.
4. Once beaten well, add the nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and beat it again well.
5. In another bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, wheat flour, semolina, gram flour and baking powder. Mix all these dry ingredients well with a spoon.
6. To this add the crushed almonds and mix well.
7. Gradually mix the flour into the butter mixture and beat thoroughly. Using your hands, mix all the ingredients well to make the cookie dough.
8. Make small smooth balls without any cracks and lay them on the greased cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature of the oven to a minimum of 170 F and then bake for another 10 minutes.
10. After 10 minutes turn off the oven, but keep the cookie sheet inside the oven for another 30 minutes.
You can either place a dried cranberry on every cookie ball or you can make a criss-cross pattern on it.
All those who are looking for the recipe of Indian cookies, then do try out these almond cookie. They are also called naankhatai in India. They are so yummy and easy to bake. Your guests will enjoy it. So don't forget to check out the video.