Bhavna brings you mouthwatering sweet and spicy mango pickle.
Whole dry red chilies
1 Pound, chopped finely
3⁄4 Pound (According to taste preference)
Red chili powder
2 Teaspoon (According to taste preference)
1 Teaspoon, crushed
1. Take a large pot and heat it with some oil. Add the whole dry red chilies, cinnamon sticks and cloves.
2. After a minute add the cumin seeds, the finely chopped mango pieces and the sugar. Stir occasionally and leave it to cook at low to medium heat.
3. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes and when the syrup reaches a sticky consistency, add the red chili powder, salt and crushed cardamom and continue to stir.
4. After a while when the color changes from yellow to red, turn off the heat.
5. Serve as a condiment with any Indian dish.
During summers, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator. If the temperature outdoors is not too hot, the pickle can be stored in room temperature as well.
If you're interested in making mango pickle, then do check this out. Chef Bhavna shows how to make mango pickle step by step. The pickle is a combination of sweet and spicy flavour. You can enjoy the pickle with your meal. Do check out the video for the detailed recipe.
Aam Ki Chutney - Golkeri - Sweet Mango Pickle Recipe Video